If you live in Indianapolis, IN, and you need an animal hospital that can handle your pet's needs, here at Augusta Animal Clinic we have you covered. Many veterinary clinics offer only partial services, and require other companies and third parties to handle the rest. This often results in more than one bill from various veterinary clinics, which increases cost and delays. At Augusta Animal Clinic we have an in-house veterinary laboratory, so you don't have to wait to get test results when your pet is sick.
The Benefits of Going to a Vet with an In-House Veterinary Laboratory
When your pet is sick or injured, it’s important to know what is wrong with your pet, so you can have him treated faster. Waiting days or even weeks can use up valuable time that could be used for treating your pet. Here are some of the reasons why it’s better to bring your pets to Augusta Animal Clinic for all their veterinary needs:
- Faster diagnostics, which enables a faster treatment plan
- Tests get done now. No waiting for the tests to be sent out and waiting for the results behind other clients from different veterinarians
- Wellness testing to catch diseases early
- Less chance of a laboratory mix-up with the wrong sample ascribed to your pet
- Ability to repeat testing quickly to ensure accuracy
- No third-party laboratory fees
- Ability to diagnose a pet anytime, 24 hours a day, if necessary
Your pet's health is our main concern, which is why we have an in-house veterinary laboratory. We feel that waiting a long time for results from another laboratory can seriously affect your pet's chances at a full recovery.
Procedures That Can Be Done within at Our In-House Laboratory
We use our animal hospital's laboratory to diagnose many different diseases and conditions. Here is a small list of what we can test:
- Blood gases
- Blood tests
- Complete blood counts
- Ear cytology
- Fecal examinations (for internal parasites such as roundworms and hookworms)
- Heartworm disease tests
- Mass cytology
- Pancreatitis testing
- Skin cytology
- Skin scrapes (fungi, allergies, and other conditions)
- Test for viruses such as Feline Leukemia Virus and Parvovirus
- Urine tests
We can perform most routine tests and diagnose common health issues that affect pets. We only send out to third party laboratories when the test requires a specialist to diagnose the condition.
Your pet's health is important. That is why when your pet needs to go to the veterinarian in Indianapolis, IN, you need to contact us today at Augusta Animal Clinic and make an appointment.